Happy Saturday! I’ve been loving this Thanksgiving holiday weekend and soaking up every second with my little family before we all go back to our regular routines on Monday.
As I’ve been cleaning out my closet and transitioning to my new wardrobe, I just had to share with you my top four staple items in my capsule collection. The best part? I’ve owned all of these items for at least a year or more, and I’m telling you, you can wear this outfit all year long, year after year. It never goes out of season or out of style.
But wait, there’s more!
I’ve found all of these on sale for Black Friday, so if you don’t already own similar items (and you most likely do), you should definitely consider picking these up while prices are low, low, low. I promise you’ll get your money’s worth.
- Chambray shirt
- I’ve been wearing mine for 4+ years!!! Snatch it here for 25% off. I’m wearing an XS for reference.
- Black skinny jeans
- I’ve been loving this pair for 2+ years. It was an investment item for me, but it’s worn nicely through wear and wash and still looks brand new. Get them for 30% off through Sunday. I’m wearing size 27 – fits TTS. (Similar pair here if you don’t like the distressed details. Or swap out the jeans for your favorite black leggings!)
- Black leather crossbody bag
- Ever since I purchased this bag earlier this year, I can’t stop wearing it. It’s been my saving grace in helping me realize that I can finally let go of the many bags I’ve held onto all these years just “for the blog.” This bag is easy to grab when on the go and literally matches every outfit I have. It’s on sale here for 20% off when you spend $200.
- Brown leather flats
- I can’t rave about these shoes enough. I bought mine back in January and I’ve worn them all through spring, summer and fall, and will continue wearing them through winter (just not outside in the snow). I even wear them to work regularly. You can get my exact pair here, but unfortunately, it’s not on sale (yet). I have seen the same style in a different color on sale here. This boutique sells a knock-off pair for much less (just keep in mind they may not last as long as the real deal).
- BONUS: Buy my sunnies with the black crossbody bag and black skinny jeans all from this retailer and get 25% off your purchase!
There you have it. If you’re working through the capsule wardrobe transition with me, I highly recommend including these items in your capsule collection.
See more of my Black Friday sale picks for your capsule wardrobe here.
Shop the Post
Okay, now where are my capsule-wardrobe-loving friends at, and how often do you already where this exact outfit?
Really wonderful classy pieces!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
Thanks, Rena!! XO
I love your whole outfit, especially the shoes. Been looking for a pair like these for ages! Simple and chic! 🙂
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
Thanks, Charmaine! You’d love these. They’re so versatile and unique.
I’ve been eyeing those flats! Do they have enough support?
xo – katestylepetite.com
Hi Kate! They absolutely do. That’s one of the reasons I’ve loved and worn them so much. I have a pretty high arch (not flat-footed) and they’re very comfortable. Let me know if you have more Q’s!
This is such a great casual combo and I’m loving the way you’ve styled it!
Thanks, Natali! You’re always so kind.
The shoes!! So cute! Yes, this outfit is a MUST have for style that lasts.
Thank you! They’re my favorite pair. XO
Your staples could not be more on point! I so love those sunnies btw!
Thanks, Briana! I should probably narrow down my sunglasses at some point, but I know this pair will be staying! 😉
Very nice and cute outfit! Great shoes as well 😉
Thanks so much!!
Loved this post girl! Those shoes are a classic, but so unexpected anyway!
Mary | O Blog da Mary
Aw thank you, Mary! I don’t think I’ve ever loved a pair of shoes more. XO