I’ve been stuck in a rut lately. Since returning to work after maternity leave, I barely have the time, let alone the energy, to do the things I used to that made me feel gorgeous every day (pick out my work outfits the night before, curl my hair, put on jewelry, wear body spray, etc.). If I’m lucky, I’ll remember to grab my lip gloss on the way out the door.
A few weekends ago I decided to take a break from the routine and make time for myself. These five simple things had me feeling on top of the world and oh so gorgeous again (just in time for the busy holidays):
- Get Some Rest– Between getting ready to move, finishing projects at work before the holiday break and making plans for family dinners (oh, and #momlife), I’ve been in desperate need of some quality shut-eye. I feel especially good about myself when I wake up surrounded by beautiful bedding, plush blankets and fluffy pillows! Sometimes, taking better care of ourselves starts with a nice weekend nap.
- Try Waxing– This was something I’d never done before. Ever. I got my legs waxed at European Wax Center®. I was so nervous. And I’m not gonna lie, the first few strips didn’t feel great, but the wax specialist was so great and eased me into the appointment. It was over before I knew it and I felt like a brand new woman walking out of there. It was like that makeover scene from Miss Congeniality. And I’m reminded of my new movie star status every time I touch my incredibly smooth legs (which have been smooth for the past 3 weeks!). Haha. More thoughts on my waxing experience below, but I have to recommend this as something worth trying if you haven’t.
- Care for Your Skin– Once I removed all the hair from my legs, it was time to address my ingrown hairs. This is one of the reasons I wanted to try waxing. Beyond my excitement about being hair-free for weeks is my new found love for EWC’s Strut 365™ They provided a few products for me to try and my favorites were from the Strut Smoothly™ signature collection. The Smooth Me Ingrown Hair Serum that my wax specialist, Krystal, applied after my leg waxing was really soothing to my skin. It is specifically formulated with antioxidants and other soothing ingredients to extend your wax and protect from ingrown hairs. The Soothe Me ingrown hair wipes are my new go-to regimen. They’re infused with Alpha + Beta Hydroxy acids to treat breakouts, and prevent new ones from forming by calming the skin. I also love the exfoliating body polish from the Strut Lavishly™ collection. Caring for your skin is one of the best ways to feel confident in your body.
- Paint Your Nails– Ever since I became a mom I haven’t seen the inside of a nail salon. It’s okay because I secretly love the old-fashioned, cost-effective experience of painting my own nails at home. I’ve been wearing this nail polish non-stop this fall.
- Sport a New Sweater– Ughh, I want to buy all the sweaters! I just love a cozy new sweater for fall and I found the sweater I’m wearing above for under $30! It comes in multiple colors–I bought two. Whatever your style, find a sweater that makes you feel like the number-one chick when you step out on the scene. Even if that scene is lounging around at home. 😉
At the end of the day, gorgeous feels different on each of us, but the common thread is self-confidence. And when you haven’t had time for the little things that make you feel confident each day, it’s even harder to share that confidence with others. For me, it took stepping out of my comfort zone and trying something new. My visit to European Wax Center® was just what I needed to start feeling gorgeous again. Here are a few of the things I loved about my experience:
- When I made my reservation by phone they answered all of my questions up-front and told me about special offers for first-time guests (i.e., a complimentary eyebrow or underarm waxing with your first service). I regrettably passed on the complimentary service because I wanted to “focus on getting through my leg waxing first.”
- My wax specialist, Krystal, was so amazing (if you’re in Utah and go to the Midvale location, ask for her. She’s the best)! She made me feel so comfortable and I couldn’t help but notice her flawless eyebrows (#browfection – seriously, I should have taken a picture of her for this blog post)! She is the reason I regret not getting my eyebrows done while I was there.
- Krystal was so personable and she offered to show me how she does her brows using the Strut Boldly™ brow collection when I go back for my next service. For now, I’m enjoying the Oh My Brow!™ Brow Highlighter and Ready. Set. Brow!™ Perfect Brow Groomer.
It’s so motivating when others share their secrets to feeling gorgeous! Just one reason I think EWC’s products and services also make a great holiday gift idea.
What are your go-to routines when you want to feel confident and gorgeous again?
I’m feeling energized to try more new things so I’d love to hear from you!
Special thanks to European Wax Center® and People StyleWatch for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.