. . .
So I purchased a few too many items at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale this year (FYI—it ends on Sunday, Aug. 5). Overbuying is difficult to avoid—things will sell out if you don’t act quickly. I was very calculated in my purchases, however, and felt RELIEVED to return all the items I didn’t immediately love once I saw them in person (thank you, capsule wardrobe lifestyle!).
What I’m Keeping For My Capsule Wardrobe
- The above six items (linked below) are the clothing items I kept. I’m truthfully still deciding on the white mules and mauve cardigan. The cardigan is meant to be oversized, but my preferred size wasn’t available when I purchased it so it fits a little bigger than I wanted.
- I didn’t expect to love the eyelash sweater as much as I do, but it turned out to be extremely versatile. I like it layered over dresses or longer tops and under cardigans. It’s so cute under denim overalls, too! I think the texture is what really got me—texture is a capsule wardrobe’s best friend!
- The Topshop striped sweater was one of the most popular items at this year’s sale. The colors are what sold me. With most of my wardrobe consisting of neutrals these days, you can tell I came under a little color spell with this sale.
- I’ve been wanting some leopard ankle boots since I started the capsule wardrobe last fall, so I’m really excited about this pair. I ordered two sizes and went with a half size down.
SHOP THE POST
Non-Clothing Items I Purchased & Kept
I’ve historically always focused on clothes with past Nordstrom Sales, but this year decided to try a few beauty items.
- Every time I travel and my hotel bathroom has a magnifying makeup mirror I swear to myself that I’m going to get one for my bathroom at home. And then I never do. So I bought this rose gold Simple Human magnifying mirror ($65 dollars off!) and Matt and I both are already using it daily. I love how it lights up—really nice if you don’t have enough light in your bathroom. Overall, I’m super happy with this purchase.
- The other beauty item I bought was this facial exfoliation and peach fuzz remover device. I’ve never used anything like this, and still haven’t taken it out of the box, but I wanted to try a different approach to exfoliating (beyond masks and face scrubs) and I’m excited to report back on this. Have you used something similar before? Please share your thoughts!
Other Items I Purchased & Why I Returned Them
Here’s a quick glance at the other items I purchased and why I didn’t love them enough to keep them…
Overall, I’m happy with what I got and even more satisfied that I didn’t go overboard like I have in past years. It’s easy to see everyone’s purchases (if you follow other style bloggers) on Instagram and have all the FOMO feels. I’m just grateful I found the capsule wardrobe to give me some boundaries and guidance on how to shop for the rest of my life. 🙂
Have you shopped the NSale already? What pieces were your favorites? Let me know in the comments if you have any questions about the items I reviewed in this post.