As fun as they are, the busy holidays often leave us feeling run-down. You’ve likely already attended a few holiday parties, so as we look ahead at ringing in the New Year, here are four quick and easy solutions I love that will keep you looking and feeling refreshed for your final celebrations and gatherings…
- Problem: Dry, tired eyes. Solution: Earth Therapuetics Hydrogel Under-eye Recovery Patch.
- With so much to do, you’re not likely getting much sleep these days. But you also don’t want to feel sluggish when it’s time to party. These pads do wonders for soothing tired eyes and help reduce dark circles and puffiness. I like to use eye drops before applying the patches just to give my eyes that extra dose of love before applying my makeup. If you have extra time, wear the patches before bed when you can lie down and take a load off.
- Problem: Blemishes. Solution: bareMinerals Well-Rested Concealer.
- Holiday parties are a great backdrop for photos, but you want great looking skin if you’ll be showing up in other people’s photos as well (when photo-editing is not in your control). This bareMinerals concealer (best when applied with this brush) is my favorite of all time! Not only is it great for under the eyes (so you look “well-rested”), it’s amazing on any blemishes and lasts longer than any other liquid concealer I’ve ever used. Because the mineral powder is so fine, the amount of coverage it provides on even your worst pimple is incredible. I typically apply a primer, then the concealer, followed by my foundation (whether powder or liquid).
- Problem: Dry lips. Solution: Bliss Fabulips Sugar Scrub + Dermalogica Lip Renewal Complex.
- Regardless of how hardy you party, you need your confidence statements to come through for you. Don’t let your glamorous holiday lipstick look dry and chapped by the end of the night. Prep your lips (the night before, if possible) by exfoliating with Fabulips Sugar Scrub, followed by Dermalogica’s soothing lip treatment. You can reapply throughout the day to keep your lips soft and smooth before applying your lipstick. Be sure to use a primer to keep the color lasting longer as well.
- Problem: Dry hands. Solution: Philosophy Hands of Hope Hand & Cuticle Cream.
- With all this focus on your face, it’s easy to neglect other areas that need just as much love this time of year. Thinking of posting a photo–glass-in-hand–with some bubbly? Make sure your hands aren’t cracked and dry (that beautiful manicure only goes so far). I absolutely love this Hands of Hope cream. It’s super concentrated, so only a little dab is needed and it actually soothes your dry skin (unlike many water-based lotions that feel good when you apply them, but don’t actually address the problem). This isn’t one of those perfume lotions, so it won’t compete with your body spray, but it will definitely keep your hands looking and feeling great so you can enjoy your time with family and friends.
SHOP THE POST
Have a safe and happy New Year!
Photos by Ashlee Brooke.
Special thanks to Ulta Beauty for sponsoring this post.