Early Access is here for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! If you are a Nordstrom debit or credit cardholder, you can start shopping the #nsale today before it opens to the public on July 17.
Ever since I started learning more about makeup from my lovely pal Lauren, I’ve been way more excited about beauty products and couldn’t wait to see what would be in the sale this year! I purchased most of the items above, but love all of the items below as well (these MAC Look-in-a-box kits are great gift ideas for Christmas! Whoa, I just dropped the C-word in July).
About my purchases:
- I just tried my first set of eyelash extensions last week, so I’ve been dying to play around with more eyeshadow. I chose a neutral palette that would give me some fun colors to test this fall, but at the last minute, I bought the Lorac Skinny Palette ($15) instead of the Bobbi Brown set ($85) because I think it’s better for someone like me who is still testing the waters with eyeshadow. If you’ve been looking for a similar palette, but also want to try the gel eyeliner and mascara, I still think the Bobbi Brown set (pictured above) is a great deal!
- I have been using St. Tropez Self Tanning Mousse since high school and I love it. It doesn’t smell terrible, but it is noticeable, so the trick is to apply it at night, sleep in it, and then shower it off in the morning. It is one of the best home-use self tanning products I’ve ever tried. The color is not orange at all and the foam texture makes it super fast and easy to apply.
- I’ve had several requests on Instagram for hair tutorials lately. I’ve been using a $10 Conair 1-inch curling iron for years so I thought I’d take advantage of the #nsale and upgrade to The Bombshell 1″ Curling Rod. I can’t wait to share the results with you!
- Lauren introduced me to the Beauty Blender and I love it! It helps my foundation go on silky smooth and evenly. Problem is, it typically costs $20 just for one! So I was thrilled to see this set in the #nsale. I also haven’t figured out the best way to clean mine, so I’m happy this one comes with a cleaning solution. I’ll keep you posted on that.
- Georgio Armani Glow Essential set – um, I don’t think I’ve ever owned anything by Armani, but one thing I miss about my high school skin was how warm and glowing it was. I used to wear highlighters all the time and although this one was a bit of a splurge, I’m super excited to try it. I’ll be sure to share my thoughts in a future beauty post.
Be sure to check back next week for my other favorites from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I’ll break them out by Steals (items under $100), Deals (items $100 – $200) and Investments (items worth investing in that are $200 or more).
Have you browsed the Anniversary Sale already? What are your favorites items?
I love your MAC picks! And yes to the beauty blender! So worth the money!
Her Heartland Soul
I need to try that curling wand!
Dresses & Denim
I’m so glad you included some beauty products. I swear I discover most of my make up and skin care items on blogs. And I swear by Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in this Texas Summer heat!