I was somewhere near the end of my second trimester when Matt and I finally decided to register for some baby things. I knew we’d probably register at the typical stores like Babies R Us and Target, but one store I’d had on my list for years was Babinski’s Baby in Salt Lake City. Babinksi’s is a smaller specialty store, but I’d been there many times to purchase gifts for friends having babies and always knew it’d be first on my list when I finally got pregnant.
I absolutely love their product selection—their buyer has amazing taste in baby clothes, cribs, nursery decor, diaper bags, etc., and their staff is so kind and personable each time I visit (we purchased our crib, glider, crib sheets, mobile and several other things from Babinksi’s). I especially loved how helpful they were when Matt and I first registered. We had no idea where to start or what the “must-haves” were, and they were able to point us in the right direction without making us feel like idiots.
Fast forward several months and I’m now one day past my due date, and so grateful to be partnering with Babinski’s to share five products that every new mom should have (and register for) before baby arrives…
- Swaddle Designs Ultimate Receiving Blanket – Elephant Blue – The perfect, soft receiving blanket for bringing baby home.
- Aden + Anais Ultra Gentle Lotion – I can’t get enough of baby lotions these days. They smell like Heaven and I’ve already started using this as a hand lotion because the smell makes me so excited for this little boy to arrive.
- Aden + Anais Classic Burpy Bibs – Rock Star – I hear burby bibs, like diapers, are an every-day necessity.
- Lansinoh HPA Lanolin – I couldn’t find the link to this on their site, but Lansinoh is a well-known brand and I’m told lanolin is a lifesaver when breast-feeding. I also got a prescription nipple cream from my doctor, which I recommend asking your doctor about if you plan to breastfeed and fear the pain that most moms will tell you comes with it. 🙂
- Sophie Giraffe Natural Rubber Baby Teether Toy – This is a top seller and a great soothing teether for baby.
As always, I’d love to hear about your favorite products or must-haves you’d recommend for first-time mamas like myself!
Special thanks to Babinski’s Baby for partnering on this post. Featured products c/o Babinki’s.